The Macarthur Business Hall of Fame is a component of the Business Heritage and Engagement Initiative – one of six elements – of the Enterprising Macarthur Program (EMP).
Inductions to the MBHoF can be made posthumously and contemporarily in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- Businesses are or were resident in the Macarthur region
- The entrepreneur spent sometime in Macarthur either as a resident or managing business operations in Macarthur
- The scale and size of the operation measured by employment, turnover, market share and level of investment
- The impact on other businesses.
- Recognition of the enterprise by industry and government agencies for superior performance.
- Innovations that have resulted in improved business results and superior processes
- Export performance