Manufacturer and Toolmaker
David Fuller was born in 1940. He did his apprenticeship as a toolmaker with M Dippert and studied at Hurstville Tech. After completing his apprenticeship he then joined John Levy Pty Ltd at St Peters as a toolmaker. After travelling extensively overseas in 1960sl, David accepted an offer from John Levy to set up an engineering company in Singapore in early 1970’s.
Having successfully established this business he then returned to Australia and settled in Camden, where his parents had moved to in the late 1950’s, and established Nepean Engineering in Narellan in partnership with John Green. Nepean Engineering was incorporated as a company in 1976 and David bought out John Green’s interest in the business in 1991.
In the ensuing 25 years David greatly expanded his business interests with the result that in 2006 the Nepean Engineering Group comprised 13 operating companies employing over 625 people in offices and factories in seven countries, turning over in excess of $200 million annually.
The Nepean Group is involved in a wide range of activities – general and precision engineering; manufacture of a diverse range of products such as conveyor belt systems for mining applications, agricultural equipment, heavy vehicle inspection and testing equipment, long wall mining equipment and aircraft tow tractors. The group also has quarrying operations, operates three cattle/sheep farms and is involved in residential and commercial property development. David’s other interests include racehorse breeding.
David has always played an active role in the Camden community and sponsors many local community organisations and charities such as the Narellan Club, Surf Life Saving Australia and Royal Flying Doctors Service etc. David was made a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International in recognition of his significant assistance.